Monday, September 12, 2016

Bring on the Demon!

I am in charge of Costume Crafts for Metropolitan State University of Denver's production of She Kills Monsters. What this mean in practice is that I am assistant designing the outfit for Orcus and constructing most of the pieces. We are going for a 90's metal look. I convinced the designer, Nichole Harrison, that I can make a sleeveless chainmail shirt. We also decided on thermoplastic, spiked paldrons, spiked boots, a codpiece, and possibly spiked bracers. Here are some of my sketches:
 

 

 Nichole likes a chainmail shirt that covers the belly, and especially the butt. And she likes the "V" look down front. We are still figuring out how the belt will go over or connect to the shirt. We have some time set aside to experiment with Warbla and other thermoplastics this coming Wednesday. Looking at my basic paldrons I drew, I want to add details or "carvings" to them. Maybe even adjust the silhouette. I'm excited to mold fingers, talons, and bones for his necklace! The horns will be attached to a leather mask constructed by Klara Wilson.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment